Saturday, March 8, 2014

It Has Been A Looong Time

It has been a long time since my last post. I guess the whirlwind of the holiday season, working 6 six days a week, being sick here and there, and simply trying to stay sane with an extremely busy job has been tough and my young blog has taken the fall. My pledge this Lent is to start writing more frequently not merely for random viewers, but as a means for me to unwind from being an intern pastor.

On the beer front since my last post I have completed another homebrew, a west coast IPA that I titled Old Yeller IPA. It's hop character was not as aggressive as I had planned on, but was consistent throughout the drinking process. I also built a bar for my wife's cousin with one of my best friends. It was my second bar, but it was a lot more involved and detailed than I had originally planned. Oh well, at least it is done!

Cheers,
Tom



1 comment:

  1. I always felt that we were taught proper Lent observation is contingent on giving something up. However, I like your take on also adding something positive, such as more posts to this blog. By blogging and providing some positivity in an often draconian cyber world, it is also possible that you are giving up something in that process. For example, the hour it takes to write the blog replaces a potentially needless hour in front of the TV. Although maybe not fully intended by your post, I think it's a refreshing idea!
    -Colin

    ReplyDelete